Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Many of Poland’s religious holidays involve long observed fasts, including Easter and Christmas. Christmas Eve is a day of fasting, which is broken by a dinner called the Wigilia. Traditionally, this special meal is not eaten until a member of the family, usually a child, spots the first evening star in the winter sky.
A fragrant cooking oil to be used sparingly due to its high saturated fat content.