Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
When making gravlax, it’s important to first remove the small pin bones that aren’t attached to the main skeleton of the fish. Some fish mongers will have already done this for you, but to check, place the fillet skin-side down on a work surface and run your fingers along the centre of the flesh. You should be able to feel them. Using a pair of tweezers (straight-edged ones work best), pull the bone out following the natural curve of the fillet. If you find the flesh is tearing as you pull the bone out, chances are you’re pulling it in the wrong direction.
Champignon De Paris
Button mushrooms used raw in French cooking in salads and classic dishes like boeuf bourguignon.