Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
Pickling is a common preservation technique. Start by gently boiling a brine of water, vinegar and salt. Pour this into a sterilised jar with preferred vegetables, such as cucumbers. For an extra kick, add garlic, horseradish and whole dill stems. Seal the jar and leave for several weeks to ferment.
Tiny, shiny, creamy white seeds with a nut-like flavour. Used in baking on breads and rolls, and in seed and oil form in Asian cooking.