Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
The way the onions are prepared for the Pebre is a revelation and crucial for the right taste and texture. To finely chopped onion, mix through raw sugar and hot water then allow it to stand to mellow the acidity. Rinse and mix through salt in the same way.
Yam or Bean Sargot or Bung Kwong
A pale brown tuber, yam bean has a white, crisp and slightly sweet flesh that is used most notably in popiah, a type of spring roll or finely sliced in rojak. (Also known as jicama).