1st August 2008 | 09:00 AET
Featured Food & Recipes
- Andhra curry leaf chicken
- Fish head curry (gulai kepala ikan)
- Roast capsicum sauce (salsa de pimiento)
- Spiced pork skewers (pintxos morunos)
- Linzer torte
- Cauliflower and cavolo nero rice pie
- Indian chicken korma
- Lemon meringue tart with blueberry jelly
- Warm salad of rare roasted venison with celeriac, pear and red cabbage
- Best end of lamb with eggplant caviar and a fricassee of sweetbreads, chorizo and anchovy
When cooking with beans (such as black beans or kidney beans), any acidic ingredients (lemon, vinegar, tomatoes or wine) should be added towards the end of the cooking, as the acid makes beans hard.
A fragrant rice native to India and Pakistan.