The 2016 competition has closed but you can still use the clips and tips below to write your own dramedy screenplay.
Write a three-minute TV screenplay inspired by a funny/awkward family moment.
Your screenplay must:
- be an opening scene for the first episode of a dramedy (drama/comedy) TV series;
- be an original piece by one writer (aged 15-20 years) enrolled in an Australian Secondary school
- be three A4 pages long (excluding the cover page);
- be appropriate for an SBS PG audience; and
- adhere to the industry-standard screenplay format.