Create a 90 second video story about why your community matters to you, highlighting the forms of belonging and participation in Australia. We are looking for submissions that share the diversity of today’s Australia; stories about all aspects of community – from your neighbourhood, local school, sporting club, cultural group or community organisation. Submissions to My Community Matters are now open but do close on Friday the 4th January 2013!
- What is unique about your story in Australia today
- How your story contributes to a more inclusive society
- What your story tells us about belonging and participation in contemporary Australia
- Should be in the following formats: .mov / .wmv / .mp4 / .avi
- Your video submission should be no longer than 90 seconds in length and no larger than 20 meg.
- You must be over 16 years of age and an Australian resident.
- All applications must be in English.
- Remember, submissions to My Community Matters will close at midnight Friday 4 January 2013.
The winner will receive
- The opportunity to share their story in person with Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Australia Day
- Publication of their story on the SBS website
- Go get creative, grab your phone or camera & start your video!