Transport options for the upcoming Gold Coast Commonwealth Games will be up to standard, says organising committee boss Peter Beattie, after a senior Games official raised concerns.
Commonwealth Games Federation vice-president Bruce Robertson sent a letter to Mr Beattie on December 12 last year, outlining concerns he had about the preparations to move up to 1.2 million spectators and tens of thousands of contractors at the 2018 event.
Mr Robertson outlined a series of 14 concerns, "Including, but not limited to" the expansion of public transport and the capacity of the M1 to cater for the higher-than-normal traffic volumes during the event.
"...the partnership does not have a viable transportation solution for the Games and the overall operational framework is in significant risk," Mr Robertson wrote.
Mr Beattie on Sunday released his letter in response to Mr Robertson as well as Mr Robertson's reply, both sent back in December, to give a "clearer picture" of the "robust process" he said was occurring at the time.
In the third letter dated December 22, Mr Robertson has more praise for the organising committee's plans, but still stresses that if "the pattern of the last few years continues to hold... the knock-on impacts will become significant."
Mr Beattie said since those letters were sent, the issue has been resolved, largely by the Palaszczuk government's M1 management plan for the Games, released last week.
"The process that was started here in these letters, we got what we wanted out of it (the M1 traffic plan) and he got what he wanted," Mr Beattie told reporters on Sunday.
"There will always be some delays on the M1, I won't insult people's intelligence by claiming otherwise, but we've got the best possible plan on the M1 prior to it being upgraded which won't happen until after the Games."
The state opposition has seized on the reports, with leader Tim Nicholls concerned it took a Right to Information request by News Corp to bring the letters to light.
"Why the cover-up? Why the fight to release this information?" Mr Nicholls asked reporters on Sunday.
"The issue here is both about the plan, and the cover-up mentality."
But Mr Beattie said he wasn't aware of the RTI request, and would have released the letters himself if he'd known.
"You could have had the damn letters, I released all three of them today," he said.
"We've got nothing to hide here, all we've got here is planning-in-progress."
The state government has announced a raft of measures aimed at reducing traffic congestion on the Pacific Motorway while the Games are being held between April 4 and 15 next year.
Speed limits will be reduced by 10km/h, trains operating between Brisbane and the Gold Coast will be increased, and 4.5-tonne trucks will be confined to the two left lanes.
Ticket-holders will have free public transport from Brisbane but the government is urging spectators to stay on the coast if they can to reduce the volume of people moving on the M1 corridor.