In the second part of our Best of 2016 series, we look back at some of the most remarkable experiences around physical and mental health on the show last year.
How can a man suffering from headaches have no apparent cause while his twin, with no symptoms, is diagnosed with a rare brain tumour?
What is it like to live with a suspected tick-borne illness when medical experts insist Lyme disease does not exist in Australia?
How do you battle an emotional attachment to your possessions so strong you can’t let anything go?
And what is it like to be your mother’s primary mental health-carer from the age of 5?
From conditions that confound to remarkable recoveries, these were some of our most talked about stories of 2016.
- Please contact Lifeline (T: 13 11 14) or beyondblue (T: 1300 22 4636) for support relating to mental health issues
- More information about the Australian Twin Registry can be found here.
- Do you think you could be at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes? Take the test.
- Further information about Dr Michael Mosley's intermittent fasting diet is here.
- Physical support for hoarding disorder can be found with Catholic Healthcare’s Hoarding and Squalor program.
- Information from the Department of Health about Lyme Disease in Australia can be found here.