One of the many great things about being a K-pop fan is the anticipation that comes with a group's comeback. While most people generally have their expectations met with each comeback, there have been some comebacks that fans deemed as disappointing.
In an interesting new thread over at Reddit, fans began discussing their most disappointing K-pop comebacks in recent years. Given that Reddit is home to fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the comebacks that fans weren't particularly keen on:
- "4minute - Whatcha Doin Today. It will always be a less catchy version of What's Your Name, also Name is 4minute --> 4minute World."
- "APink "Only One", tbh. I really tried to like it, but the song never made me really happy. Oh, and Ring my Bell. I adore Girls Day, but RmB was a huge disappointment to me."
- "GOT7 has been on a roll with that for me... i still love my boys but for the love of god stop rapping like that and get earattack AWAY"
- "I really didn't like A-ing. I thought all of Oh My Girl's releases before that were really high quality, especially Windy Day, and A-ing just wasn't on that usual level. I think I've listened to it about 4 times in total since it was released."
- "The whole process leading up to the MADE album was just something. I couldn't let myself be disappointed because it was new BIGBANG music, but at the same time, a year to release 8 singles and then another year for the "full album" which was those singles plus 3 new songs. Don't get me wrong, I love everything that they put out and I'm glad that they gave us new music, it was just hard to get super hyped for what we thought they promised vs what they actually delivered."
"Infinite: Last Romeo/Back. The songs aren't necessarily bad, it's just that every one of their songs started sounding the same. From there, songs like Bad and The Eye are all the same to me and I fell out of it pretty quickly.
EXO: Does Lotto count? I feel that Monster and Lucky One were so intense that the repack felt a little lackluster to me. Don't get me wrong though, I still love the song. (Other than that, if Coming Over counts, then that was a let down too)"
But the one comment we 100% agree with is this one:
- "I loved the Wonder Girls band concept but I cant really get behind their latest disbanded concept"
What K-pop comebacks disappointed you?
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: