The Emmy Award winning TV series inspired by the 1996 Coen brothers cult film, is back for a second season, and you can see it first on SBS.
While retaining many of the iconic traits from the first season – the snow-swept setting, gruesome homicides, black comedy and 'Minnesota nice' dialogue ("Aw, jeez”) – the new season is rebooting the action with a fresh cast, new mid-western locale and different era.
Season Two takes place in 1979 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Luverne, Minnesota. It features state police officer Lou Solverson (Patrick Wilson), who has just returned from Vietnam and is investigating a war between a local crime gang and major mob syndicate; and married ‘every-couple’ Peggy and Ed (Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons) caught in the cross hairs. Solverson is also assigned to protect then-Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan during his campaign stop in Fargo.
A stellar Hollywood cast has ensured that this next instalment of the hit series is not to be missed:
- Ted Danson (Cheers, CSI, Curb Your Enthusiasm)
- Kirsten Dunst (Spiderman, Melancholia, Virgin Suicides)
- Patrick Wilson (Watchmen, Prometheus)
- Jean Smart (Garden State, Designing Women)
- Jesse Plemons (Friday Night Lights, Battleship)
- Also starring Nick Offerman, Kieran Culkin, Brad Garrett, Jefferey Donovan, Angus Sampson and Bokeem Woodbine.
Missed some episodes? Never fear, you can catch up on them via SBS On Demand here or below.
Watch Fargo season 2 Wednesdays 9.30pm on SBS or catch-up online.
Join the conversation #Fargo