"Australia registred 1,395 missing female births during 2003-2013 among Chinese and Indian communities in Australia". (Dr. Christophe Guilmoto*)
*Dr Christophe Guilmoto is author of 2012 UNFPA report on sex selection in Asia.
SBS Radio dossier on sex selection in Australia
- SBS Radio investigation on skewed sex ratios at birth in some communities in Australia
- 'Yes, it is happening' in Australia, doctor says
- 'They kept forcing me: find out the sex, find out the sex!'
- New ABS data suggests gender selection happening in Australia
- How does the birth ratio explain gender selection?
- Globally renowned demographer says sex selection happening
- Indian-Australian doctor has advised against sex selective abortions
- Chinese couples under pressure to have sons
- Ethical conduct expected from Australian doctors
- Australian Senator seeks to legislate against female foeticide
- An ethical perspective on legislating against gender selective abortion
- Female foeticide and pro-choice activists
- What do Australian medical associations say?
- Female foeticide in China and India
- Why do some cultures prefer sons?
- Indian-Australian doctor produces movie to raise awareness on female foeticide
- UN reports on gender selection and female foeticide
- SBS News online report and World News TV coverage