SBS DIWALI COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, Flight Centre, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Wednesday, 24 October, 2012 at 12:00 midnight (AEDT) and ends on Friday, 30 November, 2012 at 11:59pm (AEDT) (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must go to www.sbs.com.au/Diwali and follow the directions on the website. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number and answer in 25 words or less the question “why I want to win a trip to India” and submit their entry by clicking on the “Enter Now” button. Entries are limited to one entry per email address.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The Major Prize winner will receive a Flight Centre travel voucher for a trip to India valued at up to AU$4900 (GST included) RRP (the “Major Prize”). Travel voucher covers two airfares from the Major Prize Winner’s nearest capital city to a nominated city in India and accommodation for a period of 7 nights. The class of airfare, the destination city in India, and the accommodation must be booked through Flight Centre, and must not exceed the value of $4900, but may otherwise be selected at the discretion of the Major Prize winner.
8. A panel selected by SBS will judge all valid entries and the Major Prize winner will be selected on Thursday, 13 December, 2012 at 11:00am (AEDT) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Major Prize winner will be notified by email and/or phone. The name of the Major Prize winner will be published on the SBS website on the same day www.sbs.com.au/Diwali
9. If the Major Prize winner cannot be contacted by Thursday, 1 March, 2013 at 10:00am (AEDT), SBS will conduct a redraw at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW, 2064 on Thursday, 1 March, 2013 at 10:30am (AEDT). The redraw winner will be notified by phone and email. The name of the winner will be published on the SBS Radio website www.sbs.com.au/Diwali on the same day.
10. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
11. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
12. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
13. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. Travel must be completed/taken no later than Thursday, 13 December, 2013. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, the travel voucher shall be deemed null and void.
15. The Major Prize winner and their travel companion who must be over the age of 18 will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Major Prize.
16. The Major Prize must be booked through Flight Centre, prior to Wednesday, 4 December, 2013 at 5:00pm (AEDT). Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by Flight Centre, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
17. Neither SBS, Flight Centre nor their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. The winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
18. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The Major Prize winner may elect to visit more than one city in India, or stay in more than one type of accommodation, but transfers between hotels, and/or transport between cities in India are not included in the prize.
19. Travel arrangements to and from the nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
20. The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
21. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
22. Neither SBS, Flight Centre nor their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and Flight Centre’scontrol which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
23. SBS and Flight Centre take no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
24. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS and Flight Centre accept no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
26. SBS and Flight Centre accept no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred in entering the competition or taking up the prize.
27. SBS and Flight Centre assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
28. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
29. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
32. SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.