Department for Immigration and Border Protection on its website informed that from 20th February 2017, one will no longer be able to lodge an application in person in Australia for the following visa subclasses:
- Visitor visa (subclass 600 Tourist Stream)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835)
- Carer visa (subclass 836)
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 838)
- New Zealand (Family Relationship) visa (subclass 461)
The website said the department’s preferred lodgement method for visas will continue to be online through ImmiAccount.
This option is available for the Visitor visa (subclass 600 Tourist Stream) applications.
The paper lodgement option is available for all the subclasses above however the paper application form must be sent by post or courier to the address specified on the application form.
What is an ImmiAccount?
ImmiAccount is the online platform to all the online services provided by Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
You need to use ImmiAccount if you want to:
- apply for a visa or citizenship online
- access the My Health Declarations service
- continue a saved online application
- import a paper application (service available for certain visa subclasses only)
- attach documents to an online or imported paper application
- update application details online
- access Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for organisations (organisations accounts only) and LEGENDcom.
Follow SBS Hindi's Facebook Page for latest news on visas, applications and immigration policies.