METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents’ ages 18 years and over only. Employees of SBS, Ikon Communications, Colonial First State Investments Limited, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Wednesday 1st July, 2015 at 9.00 AM (AEST) through to Monday 27th July, 2015 at 11:59 PM AEST (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
a) Follow SBS @CyclingCentral on Twitter and have a personal Twitter profile
b) Tweet in 120 characters or less a question to Robbie McEwen
c) Each entry must include @CyclingCentral and #AskRobbie in the tweet
5. Entries are subject to the following:
a) Entry must be submitted in accordance with entry requirements to be deemed valid.
b) Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is unique and is in accordance to these conditions of entry.
c) You must publish a properly completed tweet each time you wish to enter the competition.
6. The Winner must agree to be contacted by SBS via Twitter and to provide their details including (but not limited to) name, email, address and phone number. The Winner must also acknowledge they have read and understood these terms of entry. SBS will have the discretion to deem ineligible entrants who are found to use multiple Twitter accounts or duplicate tweets.
7. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim the prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Entrants acknowledge their tweets may be responded to and / or displayed during the 2015 SBS Tour De France broadcast at SBS’s sole discretion.
PRIZE AND NOTIFICATION
10. Judging of all valid entries received during the Competition Period will occur at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon; NSW 2064, on Tuesday 28th July, 2015.
11. The most creative and unique entry (question), as judged by the SBS in its sole discretion, (the “Winner”) received by the Promoter in accordance with these Conditions of entry will win:
1. Trip for two (2) adults to Nice, France, including:
a. Destination: departing Winner’s nearest Australian major capital city (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth) to Nice, France.
b. Flights: return economy airfares for two (2) people.
c. 8-Nights’ Accommodation (Minimum 3 star rating): includes 2 nights’ accommodation for two (2) people in Nice. 6 nights’ accommodation with breakfast for two (2) people in Paris.
d. Travel for two (2) people: Transfers upon arrival to hotel in Nice. Departure transfers from hotel in Nice to train station. Rail France train passes from Nice to Paris. Transfers upon arrival to hotel in Paris. 5 day Metro passes. Departure transfers from hotel in Paris to Paris Airport for departure flight.
e. Tours for two (2) people: Includes Monaco & Eze (half day tour), Monet’s Home, Tour of Paris in an open top Citroen 2CV, Dinner Cruise on the Seine River (including Champagne), Tour De France - VIP Exclusive Marquee at finish line.
(Collectively, “the Prize”)
2. Period for which the Prize is valid: travel and accommodation is valid from departure date, Saturday the 16th July 2016.
The Prize is valued up to AUD$10,500 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
12. The Winner will be announced on www.sbs.com.au/CyclingCentral at the conclusion of the ‘Competition Period’. The Winner will be notified through direct messaged via Twitter from SBS Cycling Central Twitter Account @CyclingCentral.
13. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted by the 25th August, 2015 at 10am (AEST), the prize will be provided to the next most creative and unique entry as determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion. The second draw winner will be notified via Twitter direct message.
14. There may be circumstances in which the Promoter cannot provide the prizes as described for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In those circumstances, the Promoter will provide an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater value to the promoted prizes.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
17. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. Winner and their travelling companion (who must also be over the age of 18) must travel together for all portions of the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner must be one of the travellers taking up the Prize.
19. Winner and their travel companion must be travel on the dates specified, between Saturday 16th July 2016 and 24th July 2015. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
20. The Winner and their travel companion will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Prize.
21. Travel must be booked through SBS or The Appointment Group Global Private Clients prior to 1st November 2015. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the Winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
22. Neither SBS nor prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
23. Winners is responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
24. Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
25. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
26. Neither SBS nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
27. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
28. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
29. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
30. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
31. SBS assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
32. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
33. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
36. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed Twitter or Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Twitter or Facebook.
37. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.