Tirreno-Adriatico organisers, RCS Sport released the following statement.
"By application of the “Extreme Weather Protocol”, in the presence of:
- Mauro Vegni, RCS Director
- Jérôme Lappartient, Chief Commissaire
- Jan Boven, DS Lotto Jumbo, AIGCP representative
- Cristiano Salvato, CPA representative
- Dr. Gianluca Porroni, Commander of the State Police (Polizia di Stato) escort
- Prof. Giovanni Tredici, CMO
Given the weather forecast for stage 5, Foligno-Monte San Vicino: rain - extreme temperatures - risk of snowfall above 800 metres, the parties hereto agree to cancel stage 5, as scheduled, so as to prevent any possible risk for general safety and for the health of riders."