METHOD OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Subject to clause 3, entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older, who hold a current full Australian driver’s licence.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of SBS, ŠKODA Australia and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The competition period starts on Friday 1 July 2016 at 10am AEST and ends on Monday 25 July 2016 at 10am AEST (the “Competition Period”).
- To enter, participants must during the Competition Period:
a) Go to www.sbs.com.au/tdf and follow the directions on the website;
b) Provide the Promoters with their contact details, including (but not limited to) name, address, email address and phone number.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- The Promoters reserve the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address, full Australian drivers licence and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoters. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
The Prize winner will receive a 2016 ŠKODA Superb Sedan (the “Prize”) featuring:
- 2.0 TSI 162 KW 6-speed automatic
- Exterior: Black magic Pearlescent
- Electric sunroof
- Tech Pack including:
i. Adaptive Chassis Control with Driving Mode Selection
ii. Lane Assist
iii. Side Assist - Blind Spot Detection
iv. Advanced Keyless Entry including smart start (KESSY)
v. Virtual pedal - hands-free electric tailgate opening
vi. Premium German Canton sound system (12 loudspeakers, central speaker, subwoofer and digital equaliser)
vii. 19" Phoenix Anthracite alloy wheels
viii. Automatic Parking Assist
ix. LED interior ambient lighting
x. Steering wheel with paddle shifters
xi. Traffic Jam Assist
xii. Emergency Assist
xiii. Rear Traffic Alert
- The Prize includes 12 month registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary state by state). Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Prize winner.
- Within 28 days of the winner being announced, the Prize winner will be contacted by the ŠKODA Australia (“Prize Supplier”) to arrange for collection of the Prize from the authorised ŠKODA dealership nearest to the Prize winner’s usual residential address. When the Prize is collected, the Prize winner must provide a current driver’s licence for inspection and demonstrate that the Prize Supplier has arranged the required registration and compulsory insurance in the Prize winner’s name before the Prize may be driven away from the collection point.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoters take no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoters with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoters before the Prize is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoters in its discretion.
- The total Prize pool is valued at up to AUD$50,090 inclusive of GST. Prize value is correct as at the date of printing and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in Prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the Prize is taken.
- In participating in the Competition, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and social media activity. The Prize winner and any companion grant the Promoters a licence to use any footage and photographs and the Prize winner and any companion will receive no fee if material is used, and they consent to the Promoters repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time.
- All valid entries received during the Competition Period are automatically entered into the Prize draw. The Prize winner will be drawn at random by SBS (or its nominated agent) on Wednesday 27 July 2016 at 11am (AEST) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Prize winner will be notified by email and phone by Friday 29 July 2016 at 12pm and later by writing. The name of the Prize winner will be published on the SBS website and in The Australian newspaper on Monday 1 August 2016.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
- If the Prize winner cannot be contacted or verified by Friday 28 October 2016 at 12pm (AEST), SBS or its nominated agent will draw another winner from all remaining valid entries (“Unclaimed Prize Draw”) on Friday 28 October 2016 at 12.30pm (AEST) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Unclaimed Prize Draw winner will be notified by email and phone by Friday 28 October 2016 at 2pm (AEST) and published on the SBS website and in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 1 November 2016.
- There may be circumstances in which the Promoters cannot provide the prizes as described for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In those circumstances, the Promoters will provide an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater value to the promoted prizes, subject to relevant state regulations.
- Unless otherwise stated, prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the states and territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- The Promoters collect personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoters will use and handle PI as set out in the Australian Privacy Principles and the Promoters’ respective Privacy Policies, which can be viewed at for ŠKODA Australia: http://www.skoda.com.au/system/privacy/ and for SBS: http://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/corporate/view/id/113/h/SBS-Privacy-Statement. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoters’ Privacy Policies, where the entrant has opted-in the Promoters may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. The respective Privacy Policies of the Promoters also contain information about how entrants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, how entrants may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. All entries become the property of the Promoters.
- Where the competition is communicated on Facebook, entrants and participants in the competition acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the competition. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- Once prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, the Promoter and Prize Supplier take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- The Promoters assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoters which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoters reserve the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to state regulations.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoters. Entrants acknowledge that the Promoters may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
- The “Promoters” are the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727 and Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd trading as ŠKODA Australia (ABN 14 093 117 876) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora NSW 219. Telephone: 02 9695 6000.
- Authorised under permit numbers: Authorised under ACT TP 16/01213; NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/04803; and SA Permit No. T16/7083.