Their teammates Gracie Elvin and Matteo Trentin were on hand to accept the awards.
Simon Yates' victories in 2018
“After a week or so off the bike to reflect, it’s been an amazing year and one I will always remember. The results have been special but also results that I feel I have been working towards and getting closer to every year since becoming a professional and to finish at the top of the WorldTour rankings just tops it off.
“Of course, the Vuelta is the highlight as my first Grand Tour victory, and how we pulled together as a team to get everything right for that month of racing was incredible. But, despite the disappointment in the final days, I also look back at the Giro with a lot of pride of how we raced and what we achieved there.
“I like to race on my instinct, I think that’s what works best for me and what fans want to see, and I hope that I continue to do so and achieve more big results in the coming years.”
- Paris-Nice – Stage 7
- Volta Ciclista a Catalunya – Stage 7
- Giro d’Italia – Stage 9
- Giro d’Italia – Stage 11
- Giro d’Italia – Stage 15
- Tour de Pologne – Stage 7
- Vuelta a Espana – Stage 14
- Vuelta a Espana – General Classification
Annemiek Van Vleuten's victories in 2018
"I always want to win, I am very proud of my results this year winning the Giro-Rosa, La Course, the Boels Ladies Tour and winning the WorldTour is nice because you show you have had super good results all year round.
"I have very proud of my achievements and to win the time trial at the world championships again but I was actually a bit surprised to still be number one ranked rider after not being at the top level in the road race after the crash.
"It makes me proud to be number one ranked rider because before I always had a teammate Marianne Vos and she was always number one and so it is nice to see your name at the top of the list for both ranked number one and the WorldTour and I think for the team it is important."
- Emakumeen XXXI Bira – Stage 2 (TT)
- Giro d’Italia Internazionale Femminile – Stage 7 (TT)
- Giro d’Italia Internazionale Femminile – Stage 9
- Giro d’Italia Internazionale Femminile – Stage 10
- Giro d’Italia Internazionale Femminile – General Classification
- La Course by Le Tour de France
- Boels Ladies Tour – Prologue
- Boels Ladies Tour – Stage 2
- Boels Ladies Tour – Stage 6 (TT)
- Boels Ladies Tour – General Classification
Alejandro Valverde topped the world rankings as opposed to the WorldTour's, while Van Vleuten also took this honour in the women's elite classification.
With their 73 victories in 2018, Quick-Step Floors easily topped the men's WorldTour team rankings, while Boels-Dolmans the women's.