The NRS will open with the 267-kilometre Powercor Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic before welcoming back the Tour de Brisbane on April 11.
May, meanwhile, will feature the 60th edition of the David Reid Homes Grafton to Inverell and will include a women’s NRS race for the very first time.
Zwift’s collaboration with AusCycling will now cover five races across May, June and July, and will conclude in time for the second half of the NRS season which kicks off with the Tour of the Tropics on July 30.
“The interest by organisers and teams for the 2021 season has been tremendous,” AusCycling general manager of events and racing, Kipp Kaufmann, said.
“After a tough 2020, we are excited to expand the series this year.
“The quality of the series continues to grow as a platform to develop the next generation of Australian road talent.”
2021 AusCycling National Road Series Calendar
- February 13, 2021: Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic (Men) Victoria
- April 11, 2021: Tour de Brisbane (Men and Women) Queensland
- May 8, 2021: Grafton to Inverell (Men and Women) New South Wales
- July 30 - August 1, 2021: Tour of the Tropics (Men) Queensland
- August 6-8, 2021: Battle on the Border (Men and Women) New South Wales
- August 31 – September 5, 2021: Tour of the Great South Coast (Men and Women TBC) Victoria
- October 1-3, 2021: Tour of Gippsland (Men and Women) Victoria
- October 14-17, 2021: Ride Sunshine Coast (Men and Women) Queensland
- November 24-28, 2021: Tour of Tasmania (Men and Women - Women Nov 26-28) Tasmania
- Early December 2021: L’Etape Australia (Men and Women) New South Wales
2021 AusCycling National Esport Cycling Series
- May 23, 2021: Round #1
- June 6, 2021: Round #2
- June 20, 2021: Round #3
- July 11, 2021: Round #4
- July 25, 2021: Round #5