ALL LOTTERIES AND GAMES OF CHANCE - TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
2. Except where advertised differently, entry is only open to all residents of Australia. Special Broadcasting Services Corporation’s (“SBS”) employees, associated companies and agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. To enter, participants must log onto https://www.facebook.com/SBSFood and “like” the post promoting the SBS Langham Melbourne Masterclass competition.
4. The competition period starts on Wednesday 15 January 2014 at 10:00am (AEDT) and ends on Friday, 17 January 2014 at 4pm (AEDT) (the Promotional Period). Entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
5. When entering a competition online, participants must enter their details as specified on the SBS website at www.sbs.com.au/food. When entering a competition via post, entries must be sent to Locked Bag 028, Crows Nest, NSW 1585.
6. All valid entries submitted during the specified Promotional Period, will be entered into the prize draw to win the nominated prizes.
7. Except where advertised differently entries are limited to one per person. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. The prize is one (1) full-day pass for one (1) person on Saturday 8 March 2014 at the Langham Melbourne Masterclass during the 2014 Melbourne Food & Wine Festival. The pass is valid for all of the following four (4) sessions:
• Session 1B - Donovan Cooke, 10am – 11.15am
• Session 2B - Shane Delia, 11.45am – 1.00pm
• Session 3B - Mary Valle 2.00pm – 3.15pm and
• Session 4B - Ryan Squires 3.45pm – 5pm
The total prize pool will be valued at AUD$320 (RRP) GST inclusive.
10. Subject to clause 14, all prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
11. Prizes are not transferable or cannot be exchanged for cash.
12. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred from entering the competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
13. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, SBS takes no responsibility for any prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, SBS reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value, subject to approval in accordance with state regulations.
15. Subject to clause 17, prizes will be delivered to the winner within one (1) month of the winner being selected.
PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
16. All prize draws will take place at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 on Friday 17 January 2014 at 4.30pm AEDT. Winner will be notified via Facebook by personal message within 3 days of the end of the competition. Winner’s name will be published in The Australian newspaper 22 January 2014. Winner will be posted on the SBS website www.sbs.com.au/food and https://www.facebook.com/SBSFood no later than 30 days of the prize draw following each competition.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
17. Where the prize or any daily prizes remain unclaimed:
a. three months after that draw; or
b. if the prize is time specific (e.g. perishable or event based), after SBS has made all reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner in time to take up the prize,
SBS will conduct such further draws as are necessary in order to distribute any of the prizes. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified either by phone, email, and/or mail within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. Winners’ names will be published on the SBS website www.sbs.com.au/food and https://www.facebook.com/SBSFood no later 30 days of the redraw of the relevant prize.
18. SBS reserves the right to request information to verify the validity of entries including: proof of identity and/or proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address. Acceptance of verification information is at the discretion of SBS. SBS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
20. SBS’s determination of the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into SBS's database, and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, SBS reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. Tampering includes the use of Repeat Entry Device software.
23. SBS is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on line (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or technical problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
25. By entering this competition, you give SBS the right to use your name, address and mobile number for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes outside of the competition.
26. Where a competition is promoted on Facebook, entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with, administered or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
27. SBS is the Special Broadcasting Services Corporation, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW 2064 ABN: 91 314 398 574. You can contact SBS Consumer Services on 1800 500 727.
28. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/13/00297 Class: Type C; ACT Permit No. TP13/1154. Promotions under these terms and conditions will commence on 18/04/2013 and finish on 17/04/2014.