Expect the unexpected on this tour of the Northern Territory. Starting off at the heart of Australia, Uluru, Adam visits a Vietnamese garden oasis in the middle of the desert, calls in on a butcher who fishes for perch in his backyard, and meets an outback chef who makes him a special set of knives with the steel forge in his backyard. He finds the prospect of butchering a crocodile quite confronting during this adventure, but soon embraces the task and scores a fillet to use in a prawn and crocodile laksa. During a day out on the magnificent waters of Nitmiluk Gorge, Adam nets a barramundi, which he cooks up at a breathtaking spot in front of Edith Falls.
- Milner Meat & Seafood, (08) 8952 1171, 7/28 Gason St, Alice Springs NT 0870
- Nitmiluk Tours, 1300 146 743, (Nitmiluk Visitor’s Centre) 1 Gorge Rd, Katherine NT 0852
- Steve Sunk, Walkabout Chef, (08) 8988 1534, Humpty Doo NT 0836
- The Ghan, 13 21 47, Adelaide Parklands Terminal, Keswick SA 5035
- Tinh & Lan Vietnamese Restaurant, (08) 88952 8396, Lot 1900 Heffernan Rd, Alice Springs NT 0870
- Tropiculture, (08) 8988 1119, 110 Horne Road, Bees Creek NT 0836