Congratulations to Mr J. Chow, Hornsby Heights, NSW, the winner of our competition!
SBS Food is a proud media partner of Grazing Down the Lachlan, an epic long lunch, on 22 September 2018 in Forbes, Central West NSW.
Grazing Down the Lachlan brings together the local Indigenous Wiradjuri mob, generational farmers and Indigenous chef Mark Olive - who also happens to be one of our judges on The Chefs' Line - to eat and drink at a jammin’ country shindig.
We invite you and a friend to join us on for a weekend away as VIP guests of Grazing Down the Lachlan.
On the day of the event on Saturday 22 September, you'll walk along a drover’s stock route following the eucalypt-lined Lachlan River.
Think of the walk, which stretches over about two-and-a-half meandering kilometres of the Galari – the local Wiradjuri name – as an epic moveable feast of seven courses with matching drinks, and haybales dotted along the river so you can sit, chat and take in the tranquility of the Lachlan setting and listen to the hum of local birdsong.
The trail along the Galari is believed to be part of an ancient songline (our First People’s ongoing connection to land and culture passed on for millennia orally through creation songs).
Grazing Down the Lachlan will be a celebration of Wiradjuri history, weaving the region's community spirit together - the funds raised from Grazing will be invested into commissioning and installing local Indigenous artwork along the Somewhere Down the Lachlan Sculpture Trail.
“Our goal is to walk alongside our Wiradjuri friends,” says Wendy Muffet, Chairperson of Grazing Down the Lachlan. “We’re proud to be on the front foot of celebrating the cultural history of the area."
You'll be in for one of the most memorable lunches, under the direction of Mark Olive. The menu will be marry regional farmed ingredients with native ingredients from the area.
As a VIP guest of Grazing Down the Lachlan, on the evening of Friday 21 September, you are invited to attend an exclusive "Meet Your Makers" - a Q&A with the festival's creative director, Mark Olive, and the farmers, wine makers and local caterers who will be putting on the next-day's feast.
Grazing Down the Lachlan is proudly a zero-waste event.
“There is no packaging. There is no plastic. And the very few pieces of paper will be 100 per cent compostable. There will be not one piece of rubbish,” says Penelope McGufficke, Secretary of Grazing Down the Lachlan and Tourism Development Officer for Forbes Shire Council. “This is really about leaving the country better than you find it."
Every last detail has been considered and planned for, so pack your Blundstones and come along and party with us from SBS Food HQ, Mark Olive, the Wiradjuri at Grazing Down the Lachlan. All you need to do is fill out the form below.
- Economy flights for two adults from your closest capital city to Sydney, and from there a connecting flight to Parkes, which departs Sydney on Friday 21 September 2018 at 9.00am; connection to Sydney departs Parkes on Sunday 23 September 2018 at 5.40pm (arriving Sydney 6.40.pm).
- Two nights’ accommodation in a self-contained cottage at River Gum Cottage, with a queen bed, lounge and dining area for two adults, on the banks of the Lachlan River in Forbes.
- Return transfers from Parkes airport to Forbes and the festival.
- Two tickets to attend a VIP event to meet Grazing Down the Lachan creative directors, farmers, wine makers and local caterers on the evening of Friday 21 September 2018.
- Two tickets to attend Grazing Down the Lachlan epic moveable feast on Saturday 22 September 2018.
The Major Prize is valued up to $5000 AUD (RRP).
Competition opens: Wednesday 29 August, 9 am (AEST)
Competition closes: Sunday 16 September, 11.59 pm (AEST)
Competition drawn: Monday 17 September 2018, 12 pm (AEST)
Full terms and conditions are here (please read them, they're important).