Giving new meaning to the idiom 'a piece of cake', this molten masterpiece will withstand any excuse for not making cake.
- 3 tbsp plain gluten-free flour (see note)
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa or raw cacao, plus extra, for dusting
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk (whatever milk you prefer)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or softened butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ice-cream or thick cream
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
2. Pour the mixture into a coffee cup and microwave for 50-70 seconds. Less microwave time results in a more molten texture. Dust with cocoa and serve immediately with ice-cream or a dollop of cream.
• This recipe was made with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 plain gluten free flour. Different brands deliver different results.
Catch Helen Tzouganatos whipping up lush gluten-free meals alongside guests in the brand new first series of Loving Gluten Free on SBS and SBS On Demand.