Have these chilling in the fridge the night before and you've got yourself an easy grab-and-go healthy energy boost for the morning.
- 150 g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp 100 per cent cocoa powder
- 20 medjool dates
- 150 ml espresso, cooled
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 150 g porridge oats
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- raw cacao nibs
- toasted almonds
- desiccated coconut
- matcha green tea powder
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Chilling time: 1 hour
1. Line a 15 cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Place the almonds, almond butter, cocoa powder, dates and espresso in a food processor with a pinch of sea salt and blitz until you have a smooth mixture.
3. Using a spatula fold through the chia seeds, oats and desiccated coconut. Tip the mixture into the lined tin and press and flatten the mixture. Stud the top with cacao nibs, almonds, coconut and matcha powder (use some or all of the above as you choose) and then chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Remove from the tin, peel off the parchment paper and slice into bars. Wrap in small sheets of parchment paper and tie with string for a bar on the go!