A vibrant and fresh mix of river cod and pippies, bursting with the unique flavour of lemon myrtle and a slight chilli kick.
- 1 Murray cod or 4 cod fillets
- 20 saltwater pippies
- dry lemon myrtle leaves
- chilli flakes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cucumbers
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh corn cob
- salad leaves
- 250 ml brown vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle leaves
- pinch salt and pepper
- chilli flakes
- olive oil
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Prepare the cod into cod steaks. Do this by chopping the head and then along the body into steaks. You can also use prepared cod steaks if you wish.
2. Heat pan or grill and cook in olive oil place cod steaks in preheated pan and cook on each side for 8 minutes on medium.
3. Season pippies with black pepper, salt, lemon myrtle leaves and chilli flakes. Place pippies on a flat plate and cook until shells open. Cook for 6 minutes.
4. Prepare the salad by chopping the onion, cucumbers, tomatoes and corn.
5. Make the dressing by combining the brown vinegar, sugar, olive oil and lemon myrtle leaves in a bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve cod and pippies with the salad and drizzle the dressing over the veggies.
Recipe from Wariku Bushfoods by Jody Orcher.
Jody is a part of the Parramatta Lanes event. To stream online please visit - www.parramattalanes.com.au