2 chicken breast fillets
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3-4 tomatoes, thickly sliced
250g mozzarella, thickly sliced
baby spinach, basil leaves, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Cut each chicken breast through centre, so that you have 2 escalopes. Place each between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and flatten slightly with a rolling pin or mallet.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Add capers and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden. Pour over lemon juice and simmer for 30 seconds. Top each piece of chicken with tomato slices and mozzarella.
3. Place frying pan under a preheated grill and cook for 1 minute, until cheese is bubbling. Serve with baby spinach and basil salad.
Extra tomato recipes:
1. For a quick tomato tart, spread brie or a soft blue cheese over a sheet of puff pastry. Sprinkle with a little grated parmesan cheese and arrange tomato slices all over. Bake in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
2. Nothing can be more delicious than a tomato and mozzarella salad. Thickly slice 3 tomatoes and arrange on a serving platter. Top with torn buffalo mozzarella and basil leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.