This super-simple salad requires no cooking but is full of flavour. So easy!
- 150 g flat rice noodles
- 2 200 g cooked chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4 finely shredded makrut lime leaves
- 3 green onions (scallions), finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup basil leaves
Coconut milk dressing
- ½ cup (125 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Place rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 4–6 minutes or until soft.
2. Drain and rinse. Toss the noodles with the chicken, chilli, lime leaf, onion, coriander, mint and basil.
3. To make the coconut milk dressing, combine the coconut milk, fish sauce, juice and sugar. Pour over the salad to serve.