To keep the chips extra crisp, remember to pat the potato dry with paper towel prior to baking. Simple and quick to prepare, you’ll never revert to fried again!
- 600 g sebago potatoes (or another floury variety), peeled and cut into 1.5 cm-thick chips
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 100 g Greek feta
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Dry the potato with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Spread the fries evenly over the prepared tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, scatter over the sea salt and oregano and toss to coat.
3. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, tossing halfway for even cooking. Serve immediately with the feta crumbled over the top and a little extra oregano.
Recipe extract from Easy Gluten Free by Helen Tzouganatos, Published by Plum, RRP $39.99, Photography by Jeremy Simons