Party perfect: go with different flavoured ice-creams to create colorful stacks.
- 2 eggwhites
- ½ cup (110 g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (160 g) desiccated coconut
- ice-cream, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
2. Place the eggwhite, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Line baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place an egg ring on the tray and fill with 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Press with the back of a spoon to flatten and remove egg ring. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
4. Bake the macarons for 10–12 minutes or until a light golden colour. Cool on trays. To serve, sandwich the macarons together with your choice of ice-cream.