This is a little bit controversial because not everyone loves pineapple on their pizza – but I do!
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- pinch of sugar
- large pinch of salt
- 160 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 100 g tomato paste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 slices shaved ham or prosciutto
- 50 g shaved (very thinly sliced) fresh pineapple
- 2 stalks spring onion, ends removed, cut in halves or quarters lengthways
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Rising time: 30-40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt, make a well and add water and oil. Use hands to bring dough together. Knead dough until elastic then place in a large bowl coated with oil. Cover dough with a damp towel and set to rise for 30-40 minutes or until twice the size.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts and roll one part out over a floured surface to make a thin base.
- Cover pizza base with tomato paste, sprinkle over some garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, shaved ham, pineapple, spring onion and grated cheese. Repeat with remaining dough and toppings.
- Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until golden and cooked through.