This recipe bring together two of my favourite things in these crunchy, crunchy, crunchy potatoes!
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (150 g) finely ground parmesan
- ¼ cup (32 g) breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (25 g) very finely chopped parsley, divided
- ½ tsp (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 g) kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp (3 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1.4 kg (3 lbs) baby potatoes, halved
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Heat oven to 205°C (400°F). Coat rimmed baking sheet with 2½ tbsp (45 ml) of olive oil; set aside.
- Combine parmesan, breadcrumbs, 1½ tbsp (8 g) parsley, garlic powder, ½ tsp (3 g) salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Scatter mixture evenly on prepared sheet and nestle in baby potatoes, cut side down. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with remaining salt.
- Roast until potatoes are tender and parmesan mixture is golden and crispy, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool potatoes for 5 minutes. Use a knife or metal spatula to cut through cheese crust and remove potatoes to a serving dish. Scatter with remaining parsley.