This granola is quick, easy and so versatile and will help sustain you through your day.
- 300 g rolled oats
- 175 g mixed nuts (almonds, pecan or pistachios)
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 125 g mixed dried fruit (raisins, dried mango, dried apricots)
- 2½-3 tbsp honey
- 2½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, drizzle over the honey and coconut oil and mix until well combined. Tip the contents out onto a large baking tray and spread out evenly.
3. Toast in the oven for approximately 25–30 minutes, but keep an eye on it as ovens vary – you are looking for the oats to just turn a light golden brown. Give the oats a mix halfway through the cooking time to ensure an even colour.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray before transferring to an airtight container. The granola should last up to two weeks (if you don’t eat it all before then) and can be served with yoghurt or milk (try soya or almond as an alternative).