- 1½ cups SunRice Medium Grain Rice
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 cm fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 6 tomatoes, peeled, quartered and deseeded
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 600 g fish fillet, e.g. cod, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Cook SunRice Medium Grain Rice as per pack instructions.
Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in hot oil for 1-2 minutes. Deglaze by adding the wine and then add the tomatoes. Season with turmeric, salt and ground black pepper and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
Add the fish and braise over a low heat for a further 5 minutes until cooked through.
Check the seasoning and serve on the bed of hot cooked rice. Garnish with parsley.