These little green shots are great to serve to a crowd, but go down just as well in a tall glass to start the day.
- 1bunch spinach, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mixed green leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mixed herbs (mint, parsley)
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cm piece turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 lime, skin removed
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut water
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Finely grated fresh coconut, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Place all the ingredients except the ice cubes into a sturdy blender. Blend until smooth and well combined. Add the ice and continue to blend until the smoothie has thickened and cooled.
To serve, pour into shot glasses and garnish with the grated coconut.