This is one of the world's best marriage of ingredients: sweet, juicy tomatoes, plump olives, fresh cucumber and creamy feta.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 15 Kalamata olives, pitted
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250 g creamy Greek feta, cut into slabs
- 3 tsp chopped fresh oregano
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Pour olive oil dressing over salad ingredients and toss well.
- Lay feta slabs over salad ingredients. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.