Stefano travels to Hattah-Kulkyne National Park in the Mallee district to see local beekeeper Roger Moser and makes this dish using honey from his bees.
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ lemon, segmented
- ½ orange, segmented
- ½ grapefruit, segmented
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- ¼ cup basil leaves
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Press the ricotta through a sieve or mouli to soften, then divide softened ricotta onto two plates.
- Drizzle honey over the ricotta, then a little fresh cracked pepper.
- Mix the three citrus fruits together and layer over the ricotta Season fruit with fresh pepper then drizzle a little olive oil over the fruits and cheese.
- Finish with roughly torn basil leaves.
Stefano de Pieri explores all the wonders of the Murray Darling river system in Australia's Food Bowl.