- 11/3 cups SunRice Basmati Rice
- 1 piece fresh ginger, approx. 3 cm, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 clove crushed, 1 diced
- 2 red chilli peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp natural natural yoghurt
- 1½ kg lamb meat, leg, with bone, sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 200-300ml lamb stock
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Mix together the ginger, crushed garlic, chilli, paprika, cloves, turmeric and coriander with ½ tsp salt and stir in the yoghurt. Add the meat, cover and marinate in the fridge for around 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the diced garlic and the onions. Add the meat and the marinade, stir in the tomatoes and simmer on a low heat with a lid on for around 90 minutes. During this time gradually add the stock.
Meanwhile cook SunRice Basmati Rice as per pack instructions.
Season to taste and serve on a bed of hot cooked rice and garnish with coriander.