Two small chooks cook faster than a bigger one, getting this delicious lemon roast on your table in no time.
- 2 x 650 g small chickens
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 12 cloves garlic, skin on
- 12 springs thyme
- olive oil, for drizzling
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Place the chickens in a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper. Place 2 lemon wedges, 3 cloves of garlic and 3 sprigs of thyme in the cavity of each chicken. Place the remaining lemon, garlic and thyme in the baking dish.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 25–30 minutes or until chickens are cooked through. Serve with roasted vegetables or a simple salad.