A creamy, refreshing treat perfect for wrapping up a summer BBQ.
- 4 medium mangoes
- 270 ml coconut cream (or vanilla or plain yoghurt)
- 1 tsp honey
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Freezing time: overnight
1. Peel the mangoes and remove the flesh from the seeds.
2. Discard skin and seeds, and roughly chop the mango flesh.
3. Put the mango with the coconut cream and honey into a food processor or blender and blitz to a smooth purée.
4. Pour immediately into a popsicle tray, insert a lollipop stick into each and freeze overnight.
• The quantity and flavour can vary depending on what’s growing in your garden (or what you picked from the neighbours’ tree). Peaches and nectarines, pineapples and summer berries all work well. Adjust the coconut cream so that you have a ratio of 50/50 fruit to coconut cream.