Michael Moore's Chocolate banana soufflé
1 large (ripe) banana
2 tablespoons leatherwood honey
4 egg whites
125g caster sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
12 small chocolate Easter eggs
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. In a bowl mash the banana with the honey using a fork.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff then add the caster sugar and whisk until thick and firm.
3. Brush the inside of your soufflé cups with the butter then line with the cocoa.
4. Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the banana mixture, pour into the soufflé cups.
5. Place 3 Easter eggs on the top of each soufflé and bake in a hot oven for 6 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, dust with icing sugar and finish with a good serving of cream.