Upgrade the Italian classic by swirling your glass with melted chocolate then adding a nutty twist with chopped pistachio.
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- 4 scoops vanilla or pistachio ice cream
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped pistachios, toasted
- 150 ml good-quality filter coffee or espresso, must be hot
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Just before serving, coat the inside of your serving glasses (or small ramekins or teacups) with the melted chocolate.
2. Divide the ice cream between the serving glasses. Scatter over chopped nuts.
3. Serve with a shot of espresso on the side of each glass, to pour over at the table.