I’m a great fan of salads at any time of the year and this Moroccan recipe is simplicity in itself. It can be served on its own as a starter, or used as an accompaniment to grilled fish or meat.
- 6 tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 5 dessertspoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Place all the diced vegetables in a mixing bowl.
Now mix in all the remaining ingredients together, season well with the salt and pepper.