The perfect summer dessert, give your berries a boost with the zesty honey and lemon syrup and a sprinkle of lemon myrtle.
- 1½ cups mulberries or other seasonal berries, plus extra to serve
- 1½ tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Australian honey
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 1½ cups natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp ground lemon myrtle
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra to serve
- 1 sheet puff pastry baked whole until golden
- fresh elderflowers, to garnish
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. For the syrup, place ingredients into a saucepan, cook over the coals or medium heat, bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring until thickened and berries have broken down. Remove lemon strips. Stir over ice until cool.
2. Spoon yoghurt into serving dish. Spooned cooled syrup over yoghurt, tear over pastry. Scatter with mulberries and dust with lemon myrtle and icing sugar. Serve immediately.