Roasts will never be the same again. With melted blue cheese and topped off with a sweet and sticky glaze, this is no ordinary pork chop.
- 1 kg pork loin rack
- 12 sprigs oregano
- 2 large sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled and quartered
- 150 g stilton, thickly sliced
Port and honey glaze
- 1 cup (250 ml) port
- ¼ cup (60 ml) beef stock
- 2 tbsp honey
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°).
2. Score the skin of the pork at 1 cm intervals using a sharp knife. Rub the skin with salt and place in a baking dish on top of the oregano. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F).
3. Add the sweet potato to the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until pork is cooked to your liking.
4. While the pork is roasting, make the port and honey glaze. Place the port, stock and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow mixture to simmer for 12–15 minutes or until glaze is reduced and syrupy. To serve, slice the pork and place on serving plates with the sweet potato. Top the pork with the stilton and spoon over the port and honey glaze.