1 tablespoon olive oil
6 green onions (shallots), sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
125g ricotta cheese
125g fetta cheese, crumbled
1 cup loosely packed chopped parsley
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup chopped mint
¼ cup (20g) grated parmesan
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
vegetables or salad, to serve
$2.40 per serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan. Sauté onions and garlic for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add ricotta, fetta, parsley, eggs, mint, parmesan, nutmeg and season to taste. Mix well.
4. Cut each pastry sheet into quarters. Place a heaped tablespoon of cheese mixture in centre of each square. Wet edges with a little water and fold pastry over filling to form a triangle.
5. Press edges together and seal with a fork. Arrange triangles on prepared tray and cut a small air vent in each.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Serve with vegetables or salad.