Roasted capsicum, leek and oregano tart
10 slices wholemeal bread
1 leek, finely chopped
2 tbsp oregano, roughly chopped
1 red capsicum
100g fetta cheese
¼ cup cream
$ 1.95 per serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a 22cm pie dish.
2. Cut crusts from 10 slices wholemeal bread. Flatten each with a rolling pin and spray with olive oil. Line dish with bread slices, overlapping to cover dish. Press firmly into plate. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium. Spray with olive oil. Cook 1 finely chopped leek and 2 tablespoons of roughly chopped oregano for 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir in 1 cup finely chopped roasted capsicum, 100g crumbled fetta and season to taste. Remove from heat.
5. In a bowl, whisk together 4 eggs and ¼ cup cream. Stir in leek mixture. Pour into tart case. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until set.