This dish will have you wondering why you don't eat feta with prawns more often!
- 3 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup ouzo
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 100 g feta cheese, cut into cubes, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Rustic bread
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add red onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add shrimp, oregano, salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute.
- Deglaze with the ouzo (Note: pan will flame up so be careful). Cover pan with lid to put out flame.
- Add tomatoes to the skillet and simmer until reduced. Add feta, remove from heat and stir.
- Top with minced parsley and reserved feta.
- Serve hot with slices of rustic bread.