Toss together the classic flavours of Singapore noodles with zucchini. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or on the weekend with prawns sourced freshly from the markets.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 small brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 12 green prawns, peeled and cleaned leaving the tail intact
- 2 small or one large zucchini, spiralised
- juice of 1 small lime
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the beaten egg and cook for 1 minute or until just set. Transfer the egg to a chopping board and cut into strips. Set aside.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, capsicum and beans and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Add the curry powder, soy sauce and fish sauce and toss through the vegetables. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute or until they turn pink.
3. Return the egg to the wok with the zucchini spirals and squeeze over the lime juice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until well combined, then serve immediately.
Catch Helen Tzouganatos whipping up lush gluten-free meals alongside guests in the brand new first series of Loving Gluten Free on SBS and SBS On Demand.