Spruce up your next summer mango smoothie with a pinch of cardamom and dash of rosewater.
- 1 large ripe mango, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 260 g (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp rosewater, or to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 cups ice
- chopped pistachios and saffron steeped in rosewater, to serve (optional)
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
1. Place all the ingredients (and half the ice) in a blender and process until smooth, adding a little more milk if needed. Taste and add more rosewater and/or sugar if you like.
Add remaining ice to your glasses and pour over the mango lassi. To serve, garnish with the infused saffron and chopped pistachios.
Ainsley Harriott explores Australia's best regional produce markets in the brand-new season of Ainsley's Australian Market Menu on SBS and SBS On Demand.