- 11/3 cups SunRice Jasmine Rice
- 400g beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp peppercorns, ground in a mortar
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, ground in a mortar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2-3 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Cook SunRice Jasmine Rice as per pack instructions.
Sear the meat with the peppercorns, coriander, chilli, ginger and garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
Add the spring onions and sugar snap peas and fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked, adding a little water if necessary. Season to taste with soy sauce and fish sauce.
Serve in bowls arranged on top of the rice.